Latest Unlock for iPhone Baseband 04.12.01

amvtop10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
We all know that SAM is no longer available to unlock any iPhone device. We also know that the latest firmware 04.12.01 has no alternative in unlocking the iPhone 4.

Well I was wondering if anyone heard any rumors of when the next unlock release will be available for the iPhone 4 because I want my service back and my phone back.

I bought my phone straight from tmobile and do not have the atat sim card. I do however have the gevey ultra sim. I am not sure if it is ultra.

I want my phone back!!!! Please help. If anyone find any recent unlocks to unlock my device please help!!!

Dock Status

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2011
Fold to Unlock

Off topic a bit but we have Fold to Unlock is in review with Apple. Our first attempt was rejected. Apple is claiming to own the concept of Fold to Unlock so we had to redesign our version not to infringe on whatever they own?

We all know that SAM is no longer available to unlock any iPhone device. We also know that the latest firmware 04.12.01 has no alternative in unlocking the iPhone 4.

Well I was wondering if anyone heard any rumors of when the next unlock release will be available for the iPhone 4 because I want my service back and my phone back.

I bought my phone straight from tmobile and do not have the atat sim card. I do however have the gevey ultra sim. I am not sure if it is ultra.

I want my phone back!!!! Please help. If anyone find any recent unlocks to unlock my device please help!!!

Last edited:

amvtop10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
is this possible?

Nothing available now.
Is there anyway I can downgrade my baseband to 4.10.01? Before I re jail broke it to update my ios. I back up my file through itunes. So if I restore or someway can i get my baseband back the way it was?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
As you stated, there is no software or hardware unlock for your baseband.
None is expected !
If you require an unlock to use the phone, contact the carrier who sold the phone for IMEI unlock.
If this is not available, sell the phone and buy one you can unlock or get unlocked.
Otherwise, you will have a paperweight.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Exactly what dhlizard said.
The baseband cannot be downgraded.

Off topic a bit but we have Fold to Unlock is in review with Apple. Our first attempt was rejected. Apple is claiming to own the concept of Fold to Unlock so we had to redesign our version not to infringe on whatever they own?
That has nothing to do with this discussion about carrier unlocking.

Last edited:

amvtop10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2012
As you stated, there is no software or hardware unlock for your baseband.
None is expected !
If you require an unlock to use the phone, contact the carrier who sold the phone for IMEI unlock.
If this is not available, sell the phone and buy one you can unlock or get unlocked.
Otherwise, you will have a paperweight.
So we unlock users have to wait until there is a software avilable? How long do you think it will take until 04.12.01 unlock is available?

hackthatphone

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2010
So we unlock users have to wait until there is a software avilable? How long do you think it will take until 04.12.01 unlock is available?
Are you even reading what others have replied? Find something else to do today. Go outside.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.