Latest update: AMAZING battery life

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by anp27, Oct 12, 2014.

1. anp27 macrumors regular

I'm seeing battery readings that I haven't really seen since Snow Leopard! Overall, just amazing.

2. GoldenChild macrumors regular

GoldenChild

Are you using Chrome or Safari as your main browser? With Chrome, on the latest update, my battery dies too fast. Safari makes it last longest ofc.

3. MaxPayne79 macrumors regular

same here. I'm seeing nearly 10 hours on 100% charge on my mid 2013 MBA. Have never seen that. lol.

4. konradsa macrumors regular

Is this sarcastic? Mba should get more than that, no?

5. Razer(x) macrumors regular

Razer(x)

Chrome is a huge battery drainer on Mac

6. got556 macrumors 6502

got556

Chrome is a resource hog/drainer no matter what device or OS you're on, desktop and mobile alike... :(

7. MaxPayne79 macrumors regular

no sarcasm. I was getting 8 and change till now. I my opinion there's no such thing as a 12 hour battery under normal use. Maybe their testing use which is screen turned down to 50 percent, no keyboard backlighting and reading ibooks. But that's bulls**t. Under normal use for me was around 8 and now it's 9+ which is awesome. :)

8. konradsa macrumors regular

Thx, reports about bad battery life were the main reason for my hesitation to upgrade.

9. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I'm getting 8+ hours on my 2012 13" rMBP. (~100 cycles). I'm REAL happy with my battery life since the Yosemite upgrade. I wasn't aware that battery life was one of the benefits so I was real surprised. It seems like Apple made a bigger deal about power management with Mavericks.