Latest Version Opera (10.62)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kyffin, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Hello, was wondering whether anyone's updated to the latest v. of Opera- or specifically whether they've had any problems in doing so? Just tried and after an install and relaunch I get the old version with the update still available.

I remember the same palaver last time which necessitated a fresh install of the new version. This obviously shouldn't be the case- the apps even set to update itself so I'm keen to know if anyone else has had this problem.

While I'm on it, anyone else think it isn't as fast as it once was? Personally still like some of it (the best password manager imo) but nowadays just seem to be update gardening. Ho hum. Neways, ta!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

I got the same result. I have 10.60 Beta, and it says it's installing 10.62, but after install and launch the version still says 10.60b.

Going to Opera's web site and manually downloading the file works fine though. Seems to just be the built-in updater is broken.

3. Kyffin thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, thank you- also had the same problem with 10.60 but as .61 was worth it will check out .62- cheers for the allaying!