latest way to play flash?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by radishfever, Aug 9, 2012.

1. radishfever macrumors newbie

Best simple way to watch flash videos? Just got my first mac and would be really happy if some solution existed. If it's really all together better not to use flash on a mac I would want the truth on that also. Hope someday maybe I can help someone but for now I have a good amount to figure out.:D

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For Flash-related issues:
    • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
    • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
    • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.

3. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

The best option IMO is not to install Flash on your Mac at all and use Chrome for any sites that require Flash. In this way Flash will always stay updated automatically with Chrome and Safari will not needlessly be bogged down by Flash.

Extensions like ClicktoFlash are not as effective as not having Flash installed. If you use Safari without Flash installed, many sites will detect this and serve up an HTML5 version. If you use ClicktoFlash or similar extensions, those sites will still try to serve you the Flash version of the site.

4. h00ligan macrumors 68030

5. simsaladimbamba

How can MPlayer X help in displaying Flash content? It is a standalone video player application, which sometimes even has problems playing downloaded FLV files.

6. radishfever thread starter macrumors newbie

So maybe chrome is the way.Could have been more clear earlier about my needs. Just have some sites I like to enjoy with the flash. Not many only a few so my thinking now is go with chrome if it's stable and just use it for the few sites that I ever need it for. If this seems reasonable then all that's left is to thank everybody for helping. Next time I will be more detailed with my question. So far really enjoying the Mac.

7. WesCole macrumors 6502a

Pretty much all Mac browsers support flash. I think you might be thinking about the iPhone and iPad, which require special ways to play flash.

8. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Ok. Vlc.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That still doesn't help with playing Flash on websites.