Latex glove wrapped around my Subway sub

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by stahl7639, Jul 12, 2010.

1. stahl7639 macrumors member

So I went to Subway for lunch today, got my sub, and walked back to my office. When I unwrapped the sub and took my first bite, I realized the so-called "sandwich" artist left their latex glove underneath my sandwich :eek:. Needless to say I was disgusted and just threw my sub away. It seems like this type of garbage happens to me all the time. Why can’t these people who handle our food be more careful?

2. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Pretty gross. You should have taken the glove back to Subway and slapped him with it - and said, "I challenge you to a duel."

BTW, funny thread title. I thought it might have to do with condoms.

3. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Apparently you don't know about their "Glove of Love" summer promotion. They've placed gloves in each wrapped sandwich to show the attention to detail they put in all of their food, hence the "Glove of Love."

4. Jett0516 macrumors 6502a

Jett0516

you should put your subway into that glove and walk back to subway and slap him with it.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Yuck. I have a subway sub in the frig right now. I'll have to be sure and check it before I eat it.

6. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

i miss little king (a midwest thing)

turkey, cheese, and glove. nice.

i gave up on subway years ago after getting in a verbal fight with a 'sandwich artist' who refused to cut the sub roll the right way...

who the hell cuts the little spine thing out of the top and then crams in the stuff?:confused: i hear that they have finally figured out how to cut rolls, but after the previous experience, and the glove thing... i think i'll continue to shop elsewhere. :)

jimmy johns now that i'm not near little kings. or anything else. for the win.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

this is just another reason why fast food is disgusting.

8. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Does it really make that big of a difference how they cut a piece of bread? I'd get it if it caused the sandwich to fall apart, but if not it seems your anger is misplaced. That said, subway is not very high on my list when i want a good sandwich, plenty of local establishments are much better (and don't leave latex gloves in the food)

9. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Not sure which is better for you, the glove or the Subway sandwich. Still, take pictures and mail them, plus the sandwich to subway HQ next time. I did something similar once and got a box full of goodies (which I gave to the local shelter).

10. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

"What are you doing?"

"Checking my sandwich for latex gloves. You never know."

11. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well now come on, Subway is fast food but it's one of the better fast foods.

I'm very much into Jimmy Johns myself nowadays. Much better bread and real basic sandwiches, which I love. Subway is the starbucks of the sandwich world and it's annoying. (meaning too many choices being left in the hands of morons who are ordering)

12. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

They make it right in front of you. The fact that you not only wanted this garbage food in the first place but were also so oblivious that you didn't notice someone leaving a glove in your sandwich makes this entirely your fault.

13. Shyfty macrumors member

Yeah, that was my thought as well. Pay some attention to your surroundings every once in a while. Otherwise you may end up spread across the underside of a bus.

14. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

there's a subway right on my block that I frequent. I make sure to watch the guy making my sandwich like a hawk. This you can't do at most other restaurants. I'm surprised you didn't notice?

15. TSE macrumors 68030

This is kind of random, but is subway bread really that bad for you? I've heard this multiple times and never have understood why? :confused:

16. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Got to agree. I hate fast food and the companies that make them :( However, I don't think Subway is as bad though.

17. puma1552 macrumors 601

There's nothing wrong with subway. It's a piece of bread, a little meat, and fresh veggies. Calories are clearly labeled, there are no secrets.

Sure quiznos and JJ might taste better, but are far less healthy and far more in line with fast food/junk food.

18. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

Pics or it dident happen!! :p

U should have brought it back

19. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

http://www.shapefit.com/diet/subway-healthy-fast-food.html

There is a section on that site that mentions how Subway mass produces the bread which isn't even real wheat bread.

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't know why people say Subway is disgusting. Yes, they're a fast food chain, but the food itself is probably more healthy and less fattening than most meals you'd eat at a restaurant.

If I go to Subway (rare, but it does happen), I get the tuna sub, all the veggies except pickles, and ask for just a bit of the Chipotle Soutwest sauce. Considering the amount of food you get, I don't consider it a lot of calories.

How is it the OP's fault? Perhaps he could have been paying attention to the Subway employees actions, but by no means is he obliged to do so. It's he employee's fault for leaving the glove in there by accident, not the customer's fault for not catching the error. The OP doesn't work there and isn't/shouldn't be a part of quality control for the company.

21. stahl7639 thread starter macrumors member

The cashier processed my purchase and I was paying for it at the time the sandwich was being wrapped, thus, not my fault.

22. Queso macrumors G4

Are you sure it was a latex glove and not five used condoms fused together with the heat of passion?

Just sayin' ;)

23. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Agreed. I often enjoy very low fat subs (they don't even butter the rolls!) and they cram them with a wider variety of salad than I can realistically afford to do making my own sandwiches.

I guess it's people jumping on board the 'it's fast food so it can't be healthy' train, without actually thinking about the content of what they're saying.

Unless it was turned inside out, the part touching your sandwich was sterile (which is why they wear gloves). So I don't really see the problem, other than food waste is the biggest polluter and you just added to the mess.

AppleMatt

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Gotta say I agree with you. I worked at a Subway when I was in college, and it is honestly pretty good stuff. It's a hell of a lot better than McDonalds or Burger King. I remember being very impressed with the food when I worked there.

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Sadly, poor food handling is hardly limited to fast food. Working in a restaurant really sours one on eating out.