Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
F

fliptomato

Original poster
Hi everyone -- LaTeXit has stopped working on my OS X for an unknown reason. I don't know if it was caused by recent software updates or something else, but I tried to run LaTeXiT and the icon would pop up on the dock and eventually stop bouncing, but it wouldn't run (no highlighted dot beneath the icon). The program was working fine as recently as a month ago, and I haven't changed my system since then.

(I may have upgraded to MacTex 2008 during this time, but even when I set my TeX distribution back to MacTex 2007 I am unable to launch LaTeXiT.)

Below is the Problem Report.

Thanks,
Flip

Date/Time: 2009-06-09 07:53:19 -0600
OS Version: 10.5.7 (Build 9J61)
Architecture: i386
Report Version: 4

Command: LaTeXiT
Path: /Applications/TeX/LaTeXiT.app/Contents/MacOS/LaTeXiT
Version: 1.16.1 (1.16.1)
Parent: launchd [90]

PID: 397
Event: hang
Time: 36.25s
Steps: 301

Process: LaTeXiT [397]
Path: /Applications/TeX/LaTeXiT.app/Contents/MacOS/LaTeXiT​

F

fliptomato

Original poster
LyX 1.6.3 was released today. Try it.

Thanks for the note, but LyX has a somewhat different purpose. I use LaTeXiT not as a document editor, but to quickly produce output that one can paste into other documents (e.g. Keynote, etc.). (I use TextMate for my TeX editing and prefer this over the LyX environment.)

Berlepsch

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
I found this tip in the online help:

(Q) : LaTeXiT crashes on launch.
(R) : A corrupted history or library may prevent LaTeXiT from launching. In such a case, just move around the files "history.dat" and "library.latexlib" that lie in the folder "Library/Application Support/LaTeXiT" of your home folder.

If this doesn't help, I'd suggest to switch back to MacTeX 08 and then use the TeX Life Utility to update all packages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.