Latitude Now Works !

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by legaleye3000, Jun 14, 2009.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

If you go to iGoogle in Safari, then click on "use the new iGoogle version" or something like that, you will Latitude DOES WORK! The only thing that isn't working is any control panel features. You can flip through your friends and see where they are, but you cannot add friends, change your privacy preferences, or even update your location. You can only see other people...

A step in the right direction...

2. musio macrumors 68020

musio

i tried igoogle...not there..can you be more specific?

3. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

First, on your computer, make sure you add Latitude to your iGoogle page. Then...

Go to www.google.com on your iPhone. Then click on "more", then click iGoogle. Then at the top there will be a link saying something like "try new version." Click on that... And it should be on there. On my computer, I moved Latitude to the top to make it easier to come up on the phone.

4. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

Doesn't seem to be up anymore.

http://m.google.com/latitude?dc=lato

edit:

got it working..but its not really Latitude on your iphone...the whole point of the program is missing...there is no geolocation code in the page, since it is designed for desktops...
    all you are doing is looking at your desktop igoogle page on your iphone...like looking at googlemaps via safari instaed of the maps app.

5. iSimon macrumors regular

Gave this a go and it showed up ok for me - here's hoping google get full support for the iPhone sorted out soon!