Lauchpad key...

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Hi guys,
I was always been using F keys as a MAC keys like keyboard brightness etc, and also Launcpad key.
Then I did go to Settings > Keyboard and there is Launchpad & Dock, and there is Show Launch pad and I accidentally pressed on there, where it shows what command do you use to show it, I pressed F4 which was always been used as a launchpad key and it doesn't open anymore...

edit:

Even that it shows that is F4, it does nothing when I press there. Mission control button works perfectly and opens mission control

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
If I press restore to defaults:

But in default, that button worked perfectly. I didn't do anything, it worked straight away from first start.

Comment

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
It needs the key then, it doesn't come with any. If I press on F4, it does nothing. It doesn't check as a F4

Comment

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Click on the Keyboard tab and make sure the 'Use all F1, F2, ect keys as' standard function keys' checkbox is unchecked.

You could also use the 'fn' key to toggle the usages of the function keys to the special apple functions (brightness, volumes, launchpad, etc).

Comment

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Click on the Keyboard tab and make sure the 'Use all F1, F2, ect keys as' standard function keys' checkbox is unchecked.

You could also use the 'fn' key to toggle the usages of the function keys to the special apple functions (brightness, volumes, launchpad, etc).
I would'n even go here for a help if that would be good for me. I want it get back to place, not add Fn to toggle everything...

Comment

iVoid

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
I would'n even go here for a help if that would be good for me. I want it get back to place, not add Fn to toggle everything...
I wasn't suggesting you make it so you had to use the FN key to use the launchpad key, I was suggesting if that checkbox was checked, then the launchpad key would register as a F# function key press, not as launchpad.

That checkbox toggles how the system responds to the function keys (as F# keys or as special use keys )volume, brightness, launchpad, etc).

Comment

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
I wasn't suggesting you make it so you had to use the FN key to use the launchpad key, I was suggesting if that checkbox was checked, then the launchpad key would register as a F# function key press, not as launchpad.

That checkbox toggles how the system responds to the function keys (as F# keys or as special use keys )volume, brightness, launchpad, etc).
And that is what I'm saying, I tried it. Check the box, then go there Fn + F4, keeping it checked, unchecking... I tried everything... Nothing works

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.