Laughing at myself. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tstrong2000, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Tstrong2000 macrumors member

So I cracked myself up today while working on my laptop and as I was reading an article, I found myself trying to click to the hyperlink by using my finger on the screen. Perhaps I have been usung my iPad 2 so much that this whole "mouse" thing is seeming old fashioned?

Admit it; you have done it too right? :D

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I can't count the number of times I click the top bar in safari or IE expecting it to auto scroll to the TOP

3. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

I'm guilty of "reverse scrolling" on my track pad, and clicking on the top of Safari to try to make the page scroll up.

Both habits are deeply ingrained by the iPad. They seem so natural, I'm always surprised they just doesn't "work" on my desktop.

I haven't poked at the screen yet though...

4. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

5. K4LK macrumors 6502

K4LK

Been there, done that :D

6. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

In my family I am not alone on this because I am always finding finger prints on my iMac screen, and I always have to remind everyone "the iMac does not have a touch screen" :D

7. princealyy macrumors regular

8. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

I keep 3 finger swiping on my iPad to go back a page in Safari... wish this gesture actually worked on the iPad.

9. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Haven't touched the screen yet, but I do double press the space bar and get surprised that it hasn't typed a full stop. Also that it doesn't type in apostrophes for me when I expect it to.

10. belder macrumors newbie

This is so true. I type much better on my iPad than a traditional keyboard. The horizontal keyboard fits my fingers better. The iPad is now my communication device of choice.

11. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Yep, I always expect auto caps, apostrophe, and double tapping the space bar for a period. Both on the iMac and Winblows laptop. I do industrial automation, and try to do the gestures on WinCE touchscreen operator interfaces.

12. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

13. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

this one time i was using my Wireless Keyboard and I finished typing a website address and then I started looking for the .com Key, I quickly realized thats not an actual Key.

14. FutureStan macrumors member

It gets worse :D, a while back I was at the Apple Store, and this woman kept poking on the Macbook Air's screen,I mean she knocked the hell out of the screen lol, she then called one of the blue shirt guys, telling him that they have a faulty line of Macbooks :eek:

15. nasty devil macrumors member

16. BobbieM629 macrumors regular

Haha! Same here! I often get comments on my FB and emails that I need to learn to use punctuation! Lol

17. Mike Reed macrumors regular

I've done that with my MacBook pro sometimes after just using my iPad. Always elicits a self-mocking eye roll. Lol.

18. RKpro macrumors 6502

No. But only because I have a super glossy macbook pro screen which is very hard to keep clean. Laying greasy fingers on my screen is dealt swiftly with punches to the face. I do wish for the double space bar for punctuation thing though.

19. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Well, while I have not touched my MacBook screen, I have repeatedly pushed my stupid work-related Blackberry screen . . . Doh . . .

20. itouch rulz macrumors regular

I touched an advertisement in a magazine wanting more information. You know, like a real magazine, made of paper.

21. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I was at my favorite pub a couple of weeks ago and they have one of those networked jukeboxes there. During my search for some music to play I swiped the screen to get to the next page. I looked around to be sure no one was looking. :eek:

22. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I was talking to my husband about doing something or other on the computer, and I realized I was gesturing as though I were swiping/scrolling.

23. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Did the same thing on a Redbox the other day! :eek:

24. blevins321 macrumors 68030

LOL! I did this last week. It was a technology magazine with an iPad on the cover :rolleyes:

25. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

I've only done it once before, I thought to myself I am such duh du duh