Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
I mentioned a pop up over an article that I couldn't remove and read it, and someone just told me what do I expect from a fruity phone.

Baa haa haa! I've never heard apple iphones being called fruity. I will keep my fruity phone thank you very much! Since an apple is a fruit, I'm surprised I have never heard this before. I think she intended it as a slam and it just made me laugh.

Have you ever heard this?

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
nH2rpvP.png

It’s a pretty fruity logo.

Jessemtz25

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2011
Colorado
I mentioned a pop up over an article that I couldn't remove and read it, and someone just told me what do I expect from a fruity phone.

Baa haa haa! I've never heard apple iphones being called fruity. I will keep my fruity phone thank you very much! Since an apple is a fruit, I'm surprised I have never heard this before. I think she intended it as a slam and it just made me laugh.

Have you ever heard this?
In my experience the people who bash on iPhones and their user base are the type of people who can't afford one. I know plenty of people who are pretty into androids and about the same as me financially and I've yet to be told anything negative by them about my phone preference. I also know a few people who don't have a penny to their name and boy do they love to hate on iPhones. Don't sweat what people think, do what I do and ask why my personal preferences bother them so much.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
In my experience the people who bash on iPhones and their user base are the type of people who can't afford one. I know plenty of people who are pretty into androids and about the same as me financially and I've yet to be told anything negative by them about my phone preference. I also know a few people who don't have a penny to their name and boy do they love to hate on iPhones. Don't sweat what people think, do what I do and ask why my personal preferences bother them so much.
I don't think it's about affordability. Those who are fans of Android that I know of that keep bashing Apple are the ones that don't really use their smartphones in its fullest, meaning they are not really utilizing the ecosystem, and frequently switch phones around. Those that do use their phones for work and heavily rely on a good ecosystem will speak highly of iPhones. Sure, some might start with Android or veer into Android world due to the flashy blings the recent phones have, but most often they would still think iPhones to be great.

But yeah, in the end, it's a personal choice. In the end, I personally don't get why there are people who are so against using one platform ever the other. Nobody's telling us that we can only use one and not both. I use both iOS and Android to take advantage each strengths.

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
This "can't afford it" phrase is getting old. Top androids cost as much as an iPhone, and people can still talk crap about the apple.
Well, the common narrative is how expensive iPhones are. People are complaining the $1k price point, and yet the same people are justifying $1k Samsung phones, despite plenty of other Android OEMs selling similar spec phones for much less. The brand fetish that people have against Apple are quite fascinating.

johny328i

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2016
Bulgaria
The situation with apple offering less for the same amount is real. This is the reason for bashing.

How is it even possible for a 1000$ phone in 2019 to be sold with a 5W charger?

Reactions: Tmacc47

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
The situation with apple offering less for the same amount is real. This is the reason for bashing.

How can Samsung/Google sell a $800-1k phone in 2019 without international warranty or software support longer than 3 years?

johny328i

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2016
Bulgaria
Pie.

Maybe you should provide a proof for the 3 year apple International warranty, because all we get here is 1 year for apple products.
8f67c0537aaa9fd04626a3f38e44ca0d.jpg

pika2000

Suspended
Jun 22, 2007
Pie.

Maybe you should provide a proof for the 3 year apple International warranty, because all we get here is 1 year for apple products.
What you posted is simply a wireless certification, not proof of international warranty.
Apple products are supported internationally where Apple has official presence. I have had my US iPhone serviced in Singapore and Japan, and my Japanese iPhone serviced in Singapore and Australia. Try doing that with your Samsung.
And who said 3 years of warranty? I said more than 3 years of software support. iPhone 6S, released in 2015, are still supported through iOS13 (and probably longer). Meanwhile, the Galaxy S7 Edge, a flagship released in 2016, won't even get the OneUI/Pie, and have been downgraded into quarterly security update schedule.

Still waiting for your proofs.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007

It all depends on your definition of less. I don’t consider a 5W charger less, neither do I consider wireless charging a plus. I do value the privacy, ease of use and 2 way syncing with my iMac which means that for me, I pay more for an iPhone but also receive more.

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
In my experience the people who bash on iPhones and their user base are the type of people who can't afford one. I know plenty of people who are pretty into androids and about the same as me financially and I've yet to be told anything negative by them about my phone preference. I also know a few people who don't have a penny to their name and boy do they love to hate on iPhones. Don't sweat what people think, do what I do and ask why my personal preferences bother them so much.[/QUOTE

I don’t think that’s true. People have a habit of affording things even when they can’t

Last edited:

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
This "can't afford it" phrase is getting old. Top androids cost as much as an iPhone, and people can still talk crap about the apple.

Top spec androids come with 128gb base storage. If you want 128gb or more with a fruity device, you need to pay more.

anitak1982

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2017
West Central Ohio
I didn't post this as an apple vs android argument just that I had never heard anyone call them a "fruity phone" Which in retrospect I should have since it's an apple. Still makes me chuckle.

To state that I can afford the $1000 price tag on a retirement income would be a no but my husband wanted me to have it since I never want or ask for anything in our 37 years of marriage. He jokingly, when the iphone X was first coming out, what would I do if he got himself one. I laughed and said, It would be in my hands more than yours. But I know you wouldn't because we cannot afford it. So he ordered it for me for Christmas. When I asked to return it, he said, you cannot return a gift and it would hurt my feelings. So I have beautiful ipx that I love and really don't plan on "upgrading" because to be honest, I love this gift too much.

Reactions: Tsepz and Aydy

RayB4

macrumors member
I was at the theatre a while ago and the usual spiel came over the speakers “For the convenience of other theatre goers please turn off you mobile phones during the performance, and for those of you who have iPhones....get over yourselves it’s only a f***ing phone”!

Reactions: Aydy

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
I didn't post this as an apple vs android argument just that I had never heard anyone call them a "fruity phone" Which in retrospect I should have since it's an apple. Still makes me chuckle.

To state that I can afford the $1000 price tag on a retirement income would be a no but my husband wanted me to have it since I never want or ask for anything in our 37 years of marriage. He jokingly, when the iphone X was first coming out, what would I do if he got himself one. I laughed and said, It would be in my hands more than yours. But I know you wouldn't because we cannot afford it. So he ordered it for me for Christmas. When I asked to return it, he said, you cannot return a gift and it would hurt my feelings. So I have beautiful ipx that I love and really don't plan on "upgrading" because to be honest, I love this gift too much.

Your husband is man goals for me :) I aim to be this awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.