Launch 18 other countries, July.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThatsMeRight, Jun 25, 2010.

1. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Well. Anyone else waiting for the iPhone 4 to launch in his or her country (in July)?

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

I am (Netherlands). It's going to be a lonngggg month. 3GS will be gone by next week and than I still have to wait for 3 or 4 weeks. Pff.

Luckily for me holiday is coming really soon so I can do whatever I want... without an iPhone 3Gspeed.

2. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

3. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

No. Not yet, at least. Last year it was possible to pre-order, which was necessary because two days after the launch, the shipping dates changed to +6 weeks. There was huge demand back than.

4. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

5. ajax43 macrumors regular

I'm a 'Merican living (for the foreseeable future) in Newfoundland, Canada (where, by the by, we get the pleasure of a THREE year contract with any of the big three carriers) and no one seems to have any idea when the iphone 4 will make its way up here for sure. Just as well though, what with all the glitches and hitches I have been reading about for the last week. :) maybe I will stick with my "modified" 3g for now... seems to run better since I upgraded everything.

6. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.125 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

I'm in Canada, waiting for it to be released here. :)

7. draz macrumors 6502a

No word yet for Canada. But one carrier here (Rogers Wireless) sent e-mails to those that registered on their website saying that they have no updates and stop calling them about it.

8. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

I know some people were speculating on a July 8/9 release, but I don't think it's going to be released until the end of July, as much as I'd like it to be sooner.

9. B Gallagher macrumors regular

I'm in New Zealand. We've had nothing official from Vodafone or Apple about a release date, other than July, as Steve mentioned in the keynote.

Have any of the "second-wave" countries announced a release date or prices yet?

10. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

I'm in New Zealand, Telecom have said they won't sell the new iPhone.

Will cost about $1000 USD for the 32GB unlocked iPhone (unlocked because I can't get Vodafone reception).

Pricey...

11. ThatsMeRight thread starter macrumors 68020

Well, the onliest thing Apple has said so far is end of July, so don't expect it to be any earlier.
    What have you changed to your iPhone 3G? :p

12. ThaMacster312 macrumors newbie

I'm in Singapore.. My carrier's said they're going to begin shipping late July but they don't have a firm date yet.. I really need this thing to get here fast, my first gen iPhone is barely holding on :D

13. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

Waiting in Canada.

A couple of the carriers issued "nothing to announce" announcement emails yesterday. It appears as though they had expected a date from Apple by now and were still waiting along with the rest of us.

I emailed Apple Canada from the product support page for iPhone. I don't expect a response. But WTH???

14. Anastacio macrumors regular

I'm in Denmark and has reserved an iPhone 4 at two carriers, did it two weeks ago I think. The wait is bearable, I'll recieve the new Mac Mini on monday, so there's something to play with. Though, I'll keep an eye on the situation with the antennas, proximity sensor and yellow spots - if they persist, then I could probably skip it.