Launch Application Warning Causing "Quits Unexpectedly"

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by peacetrain67, Jul 14, 2009.

1. peacetrain67 macrumors member

I am trying to open my application to a ModalViewController (a log in page) opposed to the TabBarController that navigates the whole application. I have this code in the appdelegate:

- (void)applicationDidFinishLaunching:(UIApplication *)application
    {
    LoginViewController *startapp = [[LoginViewController alloc] initWithNibName:nil bundle:nil];
    [self presentModalViewController:startapp];
    }

I am getting a warning that reads "warning:'AppNameAppDelegate' may not respond to '-presentModalViewController:' (Messahes without a matching method signature will be assumed to return 'id' and accept '...' as arguments.) The applications quits unexpectedly when I build and run.

On top of all this, I believe I need to add: [window addSubview:tabBarController.view]; somewhere in the same location, but obviously there could be hitches adding these two commands together. Please and thankyou for the help.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

self is an AppNameAppDelegate and presentModalViewController: is an instance method of UIViewController, so you're calling it on the wrong class of object. Plus, the method you really want is presentModalViewController:animated: