Launch Cases ? Any Good ones

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by macman4291, Jul 11, 2008.

1. macman4291 macrumors regular

I really want a case, a damn good one, are there any out you can recommend or give experience with if you bought it

2. d.mcdgll macrumors newbie

i was really really really against putting a case on my iPhone (i just wanted to buy a sleeve or something for it) but when i was purchasing at AT&T this morning, the salesperson brought up one that was really impressive. i didnt want the bulk, the aesthetic loss, or the weird grippy feeling. this is a gel case. its super thin, protective, and verrrrry soft. its so much nicer to hold than when its naked. and wow i just realized it has a video stand, a cleaning cloth, and even a screen protector. $19.99 great deal

3. jakeacc macrumors regular

after taking the time to write that detailed description, you forgot to tell us the brand of the case....

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I got the same case as the 2nd poster did. I didn't like it in the box since i had my nice DLO jam jacket and this didnt have the same rubber edge, but this case i like even better, and it's only $20.

[​IMG]

5. jakeacc macrumors regular

When you put the case on your iPhone, is it really obvious that it has a case? Does it make it a lot more bulky? Does it cover the Apple logo on the back?

I'm trying to find a thin case that still resembles the look of the 3G iPhone...just minus the scratches and smudges.

6. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

I bought the Griffin Elan Form case and it arrived on July 10th. My iPhone spent no more than 5 minutes exposed to fingerprints then it was in the Griffin case. The case is exactly like the "Incase" as far as design is concerned, but it adds a thin amount of leather to the back for that non-skid feel. It is an awesome case.

7. Baron58 macrumors 6502

The 'protective' rubber one from InCase.

8. cyberspastic macrumors newbie

I have a Belkin Silicone Sleeve from the apple store. It's nice.

9. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Not sure if it's out for the 3G yet, but the Incase Slider for my 1st gen is the best case on the market, and has the highest reviews of any of the cases on Apple.com.

Very clean, and very minimal. Hopefully they will make this case for the 3G.

10. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

I also purchased the case in the ATT store. I like it, it has a soft suede feel to it.

11. Bill P. macrumors regular

Bill P.

Agent18 EcoShield

I prefer a hard plastic case which doesn't get stuck in my pocket (as with the silicon cases). The Agent18 EcoShield is a hard plastic 2 piece (which slide on from the top and bottom of the iPhone) case. It is precision made and, once on, does not have the appearance of a case at all. Additionally, it is very thin and does not increase the size of the iPhone noticably. I've had it on my original iPhone for 7 months and will get another for the G3.

http://www.agent18.com/scripts/prodview2.asp?idproductpages=33

12. thomasfxlt macrumors 6502

I bought the Incase as well. Better design than the original one for the 2g iPhone. That one stretched and got sloppy in the first few weeks. What I really want is a redesigned Revo from iSkin for the 3g. That's a really nice product.

13. igrover macrumors regular

igrover

Check out the homepage for iSkin. They have a partial picture of the new Revo for the 3G iPhone and it says coming in July 2008.

14. InTheAir macrumors regular

15. jakeacc macrumors regular

Yes, this thread should actually be moved to the Accessories section.

16. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

i LOVE the Incipio case everyone is talking about. Bought it at the AT&T store with my 8GB iPhone and i really love the feel and protection it gives my iPhone. I didn't know the little thing in it was a stand for it!! i was looking for one and thats perfect cuz im going to be on a flight in a few days but am not bringing my MacBook (going with family and already have 2 laptops with us) so watching a movie now on my iphone will be sweet with the stand in the plane!

17. 36183 Guest

I got this one, very pleased with it so far, it comes with a full front screen protector. its far better than the griffin case i had on my old iphone.