iPad Pro Launch Day Apple Store Experience Expectations

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BrettJDeriso, Nov 9, 2015.

?

Apple store lollygaggers (check all that apply):

Poll closed Nov 16, 2015.
  1. It's a madhouse! A MADHOOOOUUUSE!!!

33.3%
  2. Kid, where are your parents?!

22.2%
  3. Why does this place smell like a locker room?

11.1%
  4. I like the crowds - the enthusiasm for Apple products is fun :)

33.3%
  5. I don't know what you're talking about -I use the opportunity to hit on hot chicks/dudes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I'm ambivalent

11.1%
  7. Forget that, Jack! I'm ordering online!

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BrettJDeriso macrumors regular

I expect there will probably be a thread for folks to post their in-store experiences on launch day, but I just want to jump the gun and say -because I'm doing a major pee-pee dance for this thing (and I'm a selfish jerk)- that I really wish Apple would shut down the store for all but iPad Pro business like they used to do on major iPhone release dates. Maybe not for the whole day, but at least for a couple of hours, know'm sayin'?

As a mildly agoraphobic introvert and a curmudgeon, few things irritate me like going to the Apple Store with a clear intent and a purchase in mind, only to have that convenience eroded by a mob of gawkers and poorly-supervised children who loiter about pawing at merch that they can't afford and have zero intention of leaving the store with. That alone is almost worth ordering online and putting up with shipping shenanigans, but seriously, it's not a playground -it's a retail store. Buy something or scram!

Am I just being a snob?

2. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

You won't see any of your options for an iPad release.