Launch Day Apple Store Quantities

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gavroche, Sep 13, 2014.

1. gavroche macrumors 6502a

gavroche

I didn't pre-order, and am thinking about going down to the Apple Store early friday. Never done it before.
    Can someone that has give me some idea of how much stock they generally might have on hand, and how early i should consider going to have a shot at getting one? (Considering the Fashion Vally San Diego Store)
    Thanks...

2. mellofello macrumors 65816

They usually have quite a few on hand. I think my friend who worked there said they got nearly 1000 at the Hawaii flagship store for launch. The thing is when you divide 1000 by all the iterations gold, slate, silver, 16, 64, 128, and the various carriers then finding your preferential phone becomes pretty hard.

It is also a zoo down there, and be prepared to wait for hours.

Good luck.

3. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

With the 5, my buddies went to the local Flagship store and were able to get what they wanted with ease. I think they carry a good amount of stock.

4. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I wonder how it works my apple store is in a mall. Do they allow people in early?

5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Most malls have opened a door early for Apple launches.

6. gavroche thread starter macrumors 6502a

gavroche

One nice thing about malls here in San Diego... outdoor malls! So you can access store entrances 24/7. Not at I want to be there all night.
    Store opens at 8:00... maybe I will wonder down there and take a gander at 6:00 or so. If looks too crazy and too many people i will just leave. I guess I could take an informal poll of the people that would be in front of me to see how many are waiting for Verizon Silver 64/128 models.

7. iphone6fan macrumors regular

iphone6fan

Yes, they always open early for Apple product launches. If you want you can call the mall office to be sure that your mall is opening early.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

You probably have a higher chance of getting what you want considering you're willing to buy the 128gb version. I have a feeling that one will sell out last.