Launch day at the Apple and AT&T Stores...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Built, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Built macrumors 68020

Anybody care to make any guesses what the scene is going to be like at the Apple and AT&T Stores on June 24th?

It's obvious that Apple, and especially AT&T, underestimated the demand. Given how the "meltdown" was so profound...Even non-iPhone users knew about it. (I received a text around 1600 from a non-iPhone friend who was wondering how I was doing because she knew today was pre-order day and she had heard what happened with Apple and AT&T)

I think long lines are a given...but it's going to be even crazier if Apple and AT&T don't get the activation process together by then.

2. iCHiRS macrumors member

I got to my local mall around 3am the day the iPhone 3G launched and there were already 2 people in line. By 5am there were about 60 or so. 6am....over 100. So I think this go 'round is gonna be even bigger. I reserved mine, but I'm still going to show up at the same mall...around the same time. Maybe even a little earlier. It's gonna be HUGE this year :)

3. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

I agree, Chris.

I don't think they predicted this. I am sure that more than a few Apple and AT&T reps are probably enjoying (trying to enjoy) an extended happy hour tonight after a rough day at work.:)

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

5. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

Wow...Great pics, saving...

Oh, the humanity! It's going to be quite the media circus, I think...at least at high profile stores.