launch day hopes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reckless2k2, Jun 15, 2009.

1. reckless2k2 macrumors 6502a

Here's to hoping that launch day goes well. I didn't experience the original iPhone launch day but I was in line for 3G. I was lucky enough to not wait very long and get a device but I wasn't able to activate it until very late that night or the next day because of iTunes lockups. Then I had the experience of the AT&T rep coding my plan as iPhone instead of iPhone 3G which caused my phone to only work on EDGE and not 3G. I didn't get everything all straight until that Sunday after launch.

I think the biggest hangup was iTunes activation for so many people as they were leaving the store being told to activate at home. As the rest of the US came online, it became so difficult. Hopefully, Apple is able to compensate for that this time around.

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

It should go fine, last year's fiasco was because everybody was updating iTunes, downloading 2.0 and activating iPhone 3G's at the same time.

This year, they put the 3.0 on Wednesday, and update (?) will probably also be on Wednesday with 3.0.
    Then on Friday, that will free up the servers for us iPhone 3GS activators.

4. AlfaLavala macrumors regular

We hope!!

Plus, well my impression, is that there won't be as many activators as with the 3G release.

5. computermilk macrumors 6502

There were other reasons as well not even related to servers being overloaded.

Rememeber how long it took to perform the backup and restore?

Lots of people probably things things were down, etc etc, but really the backup and restore took like around 1-2 hours which was insane.

now that that is fixed, youll be able to stick your 3Gs in and restore it in under 10 minutes, good to go.

6. The General macrumors 601

I hope the screen on the 3G S fades in and out when you press the sleep/wake like the 2nd generation iPod touch instead of just jerking on or off. I also hope the activation servers don't fail like last year and the year before. I want to be using my 3G S when I walk out of the AT&T store.

7. warburg macrumors 6502

Time of 3.0 Software Release

Does anyone know at what time on Wednesday the 3.0 software release will occur :confused:

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I didn't know it did this... Sounds cool though. I'm right there with you.