Launch Day Line

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jal217, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Jal217 macrumors regular

Jal217

I am hoping to get in line on Friday since I failed miserably in preparation-order night. Do you think there will be any stock at my store? More importantly does anyone know how early people start to show up (average store in an averaged size mall area not a city store). I'm not about to wait all night but I'm wondering what time people recommend to give me some hope of getting a phone.

2. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Not to be mean, but this question has already been asked in multiple threads and the answer is no one knows.

3. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Most malls will not let you line up over night. Ours let people line up 10 minutes before the stores opened.

4. bhall110 macrumors regular

Go to the store and ask about previous launches. number launches usually draw a bigger crowed then s launches FYI

5. Jal217 thread starter macrumors regular

Jal217

N
    No one has been to a launch day line in the last 9 years to talk about their experience?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---
    Alright I might do that, thank you!

6. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

Depends on what phone you are looking to buy also.

7. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

No one knows about store stock. You need to find out when your store opens and when they will let you line up. This has been the same for 9 years.

8. mbpharoh macrumors member

My past experience:

Apple store typically has over 500+ people on line, this is at a very popular mall. You can line up in the mall when they open and have security guide you to the correct sections (based on your wait time)>

At Best Buy typically 50-150 people on line, depends on your location.