Launch day owners, one month later thread.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Apples n' Stone, May 26, 2015.

?

How do you feel about your  Watch (after a month)?

1. Completely satisfied, no regrets at all!

81.6%
  2. I use it, but wish I had a different case/band/colour etc.

6.1%
  3. Hardly use it, but I wear it.

8.8%
  4. No, this was a waste and I might even return it.

3.5%
  1. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

How do we all feel about the watch after just over a month? I have worn mine everyday, am completely satisfied with my model choice but would say I use it less than at the start. Now it is more so telling me just the time and that I should look at my phone (If I feel the haptic I look at my phone). But the workout app and using my Beats paired to the watch while doing sport is always handy. Not to mention I am getting a Two day charge out of it.

2. Apples n' Stone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

3. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Nice touch setting the poll up so that you can see who voted for what. People should do that more often so members will hopefully be more honest.

4. Apples n' Stone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

It is questionable as to if people are more honest with the ability to remain annonymous. But I think based on how that is only revealed after voting, the honesty should prevail. But as my older post showed that is not always true such as people with Space Black watches on launch day -.-

5. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1

42mm Milanese
    Ordered :06
    Received the next Tuesday after launch.

Learning curve was somewhat higher than expected, but keep reading the forums for others experience and have learned from that.
    Overall very satisfied with quality and use. I don't seem to have countered any of the issues that I have seen here.
    Band is comfortable and maybe only a couple of adjustments needed during the day.
    I use the simple face the majority of the time and will switch maybe on the weekends to either Mickey or one of the more complex faces and have found battery life to exceed what Apple stated.
    Outside of what was a bad launch for many and Apple reps on chat not being well informed or as knowledgable as they should have been, it was overall a good experience.
    I believe that once people get the watch in their hands, unless they are convinced that it should be the Holy Grail, they will soon forget the trials & tribulations of the process.

6. Apples n' Stone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

I agree. Particularly with the battery life, I am glad they have under promised and over delivered.

7. izzle22 macrumors 6502a

izzle22

I was unable to vote considering there is no option for my thoughts/feelings. I have had my 42 Sport since launch day and wear it every day. Although I am completely satisfied with my case/size/band choice, I am not 100% satisfied with the watch. I was happy at first but wished the 3rd party app were faster and more reliable. Now that we have an update and 3rd party apps run a bit smoother my heart rate readings are no longer accurate.

I suggest you add an option to the poll that includes not being completely satisfied with how the watch performs but being satisfied with your choice?

8. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1

I do agree with you on the 3rd party apps, however with this being a new OS, I believe that dev's will come up to speed quickly.
    One small flaw that I have observed in just about every OS that Apple has rolled out, that in tweaking one thing, it throws the balance of something else off. It's kinda like working both ends towards the middle to achieve a balance. I've dealt with Apple's OS's since System 7 and we are vastly light years ahead at this point. It can only get better.

And yes, you're right. There could be one more option as to performance over form.

9. gorkt macrumors 6502

gorkt

I am about 85-90% satisfied. I really like the activity program. The circles really compel me to finish them. In fact, right now it is 8:30pm and I am on my elliptical to pound out the last 5 minutes of exercise time I need. I don't want to blow my 24 day streak!

Siri dictation is really good! Unless there is a lot of noise it is spot on almost every time, which is nice!

The fit and finish is very nice. Unlike a lot of people on this forum, I expected scratches on my SS watch and I don't mind them. The Milanese and sports bands are comfy. I am glad I got the SS over the sport.

The weakness is still the third party apps. Even with the update, which did improve things, the third party apps are still a bit unreliable. When I first got the watch, it was 50/50 if the app would load at all. Now it is about 85/15, better but not great.

There are a few tweaks I'd like to see in the workout app. I would like to get a graph of my HR during my runs, and I would like quicker access to music in the workout app instead of having to exit it and then open the music app. I'd love a swipe up to see music or something.

10. anez macrumors 6502

anez

I picked "completely" satisfied, because that was closest to the truth, but like some others, I do think that's a bit of an overstatement.

There are a few things which bother me about it, like the limitation of band options for the 38 Sport, "Hey Siri" being spotty, and the small number of customizable text responses, etc., but it does all I expected it to do-- and quite a bit more, so I am willing to overlook these things and hope they will be addressed in future updates.

Overall, I remain very happy I purchased. I feel I chose the right combination, and I never considered returning or reselling.

Model: 38mm Silver Sport, White Band
    Ordered: ~0850 April 10
    Received: 2200 April 24