Launch day series 0 still going strong

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chillip, Sep 25, 2017.

1. chillip macrumors 6502a

Is the series 3 worth the upgrade from original launch day Apple Watch? Mine still seems decent on os 4.

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Depends on what you want to use it for. The combination of integrated GPS and cellular makes an appealing upgrade path from S0 for me, however if I wasn't particularly interested in those features I certainly wouldn't update just for the speed increase. My S0 still works fine even if it's irritatingly slow at times.

3. ericg301 macrumors 65816

mine is fine too but every day it's 2 generations behind, the resale value continues to drop. i was going to wait til closer to the holidays to get a S3 but I think I was able to sell my S0 for $150 (space grey sport, 38MM).

part of the appeal of apple products is using an old version to help subsidize a new one, so i dont want to wait much longer.

4. eagle33199 macrumors member

With them looking identical and having the same OS, you may think it's not a big deal... but it's a very, very noticeable improvement. Everything works so much faster, the battery lasts so much longer. I seriously hadn't realized how slow things were on my original until I got the new one. The battery on my original barely lasted the full day (and that only if I charged it over night AND got it fully charged again after my morning workout). The new one stays over 70% after 24 hours. I can wear it to bed for sleep tracking and get it fully charged while I get ready each morning after my workout.

5. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

The S3 was absolutely worth the upgrade for me. My S0 was slow to the point of being unusable for anything except for notifications and the battery could no longer get me through a day. I couldn't use any apps on it and I had to turn off a lot of the functionality just to get the battery to last a little longer.

With my S3, I can actually use Siri and launch apps and use the watch how it's supposed to be used. So to me, it was absolutely worth it. It all depends on what you use your watch for.

6. gatorknight904 macrumors 6502a

gatorknight904

I had S0 as well and went to S3 - GPS + LTE.... It is worth it. The speed & screen makes the watch so much more enjoyable.

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It's all usage-based. If you can justify the price point of what you want to upgrade to and appreciate the main functionality with GPS/LTE, then I would suggest it. Unless you are satisfied with your first generation Apple Watch otherwise. But the speed increase is easily noteable for most upgrading from the first generation Apple Watch to the Series 3.

8. seatton macrumors 6502a

seatton

I upgraded from Series 0 (been having an Apple from the launch day). This Series 3 is amazing. It is very fast. I think you should try to play with it in the store to see if you like it.

9. chillip thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys. Think I will order a series 3 Apple Watch