Launch day wait times

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ibookowner2, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ibookowner2 macrumors regular

ibookowner2

I have reserved my iPhone for pickup on the 24th. I have work at 9am and I was just wondering how much time I should expect to spend at the apple store if I get there at 7. Between waiting in line and getting it activated am I looking at a 1 or 2 hour wait? Or even longer?

2. puggles macrumors regular

I also have to work at 9...im planning on getting there at 5AM and hoping there isnt already 2 hours worth of people in front of me.

3. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

No less than 90 minutes I'm sure. If the preorder demand is any indication, line could very well take over 2 hours if you're stuck at the end of it. If you want to get to work on time, get to the Apple store a few hours before 7am ;)

4. homerjfry macrumors regular

homerjfry

When I lined up for the 3G I got there at 4:30 and was 15th in line (yet first to get out of the store surprisingly). Took about 45 min in there after they gave up with trying to activate it in store. As previously said, considering the pre-ordering demand and failure to sign up ratio for pre-order, depending on how populous your city is, you may want to get there earlier.