Launch Day Walk Ins (no preorder)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shaunp0327, Sep 9, 2016.

1. shaunp0327 macrumors newbie

Well last night i fell asleep around 2:50 and missed my chances to preorder and by the time i woke up it was alrdy 2-3 weeks. So now my only option on getting it friday (9/16) is to get in that line we all tried to avoid. With that being said whats your plan on launch day to get your hands on one? Any tips?

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The lines at the carrier store should be less than at Apple probably. 2 times I stood in short lines @ Verizon on launch day.

3. shaunp0327 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea thats true I did that at AT&T before. But this year I'm going to buy it thru the apple installment plan because i want the phone unlocked and I'm guessing apple is the only place that offers their plans.

4. vintagebob macrumors member

vintagebob

I'm thinking about standing in line. Did that a few times many years ago. Roll of the dice on inventory...

5. djty392 macrumors newbie

Now, say I walk in to the store next week on launch day and they happen to have plenty (pipe dream), would I be able to cancel my reservation through the Apple Payment plan and apply it to the one I'm receiving in store?

6. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

Never had a problem with the Apple line, but I was always after the 128GB. I was almost at the end of the line, when I got to the front only a few 64GB and most 128GB's were available. 256GB should be no problem.

7. vintagebob macrumors member

vintagebob

No one wants this phone so the lines should be short, right? ; )

8. wepiii macrumors 6502

This is exactly what I'm wanting to know as well

9. vintagebob macrumors member

vintagebob

I was a coward and went ahead and ordered a black 128GB. Not sure that it is worth waiting in line...
    --- Post Merged, Sep 9, 2016 ---
    Don't quote me on this but I think you can cancel right up until you get a "Preparing to Ship" status.