Launch day

njharris97

macrumors member
Original poster
Hi,

I am going to buy an apple watch on launch day, no question. But if I reservet an apple watch for launch day, for 8am pickup do I still need to get there early, If so how early.

My second question is if I didn't manage to get a reserve how early do you recon you should get to Apple Store to start queueing.

Why would anyone just queue up all night when they could reserve one

As you may guess this will be my first attempt at a launch day purchase. Any help will be most appreciated.

FatMax

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2007
Norway
Hi,

I am going to buy an apple watch on launch day, no question. But if I reservet an apple watch for launch day, for 8am pickup do I still need to get there early, If so how early.

My second question is if I didn't manage to get a reserve how early do you recon you should get to Apple Store to start queueing.

As you may guess this will be my first attempt at a launch day purchase. Any help will be most appreciated.
It may not even be available to reserve...

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Hi,

Try reading this thread. It pretty much covers your topic.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1851164

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
Hi,

Hi, I would say I'm in a similar boat to you. Here's the three scenarios I have in order of preference.

1. Reserve pick-up and stroll in to Apple Store on Launch Day and get it.
2. Pre-Order and have delivered to my house on Launch Day
3. Line up for the product.

Yes, you're right, why would anyone queue. I'd say that some people just like lining up and the atmosphere, but I guess most of them either, didn't know about reserve pickup, or were not able to get shipping for a few weeks so had no option but to do that.

This isn't my first launch day purchase, I pre-ordered with iPad Air 2, but of course that didn't have an official shipping date, so I didn't get mine until the Friday, when it shipped to some on Wednesday.

If I have to do option 3, and line up. I'm going to go at around 6am and hope there will be some available. Both my local Apple Store's are in shopping centres, and you have to line up outside. In the past, there's often been people who were at the front of the line, and then end up half way down when they bring you into the centre, as the line gets mixed up and people push in, so hopefully I won't have to line up.