Launch IntelliPoint Software Upon Login

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by innerdude, Apr 22, 2013.

1. innerdude macrumors newbie

Apr 22, 2013
    I like Microsoft hardware..I have a Natural Keyboard 4000 and IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 currently. I notice that my function buttons on either the keyboard or the mouse do not work until I manually go into System Preferences and open the Intellipoint settings for either one. It lasts until the next restart.

Also, I find that my keyboard does not type letters at the login screen. I have to replug it and it's fine.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a way to have the "daemon" of sorts launch on system startup/login? Thanks again.

I have a Late 2012 Mac Mini i7/10.8.3

I should also note that the tracking method (Apple VS Intellipoint) gets reverted to Apple until I launch the settings app. I've tried to tear apart the running processes to see whats open for the IntelliPoint:

Not too familiar with OS X yet as how to auto launch something like this. Tried the Lauch dialog under my user account settings, but couldn't find the program.
  2. Dopeyman macrumors 6502a

Sep 5, 2005
    Los Angeles!
    I have a MS Comfort Mouse 4500 and I had the same problem as you did with the 2 side function buttons....

After doing some searching I found a site that suggested I put a file into my startup items.... And it worked...

I've attached a pic...

Attached Files: