launch is perferct for battery life stats

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Aquaduck04, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Aquaduck04 macrumors member

One of the most headline grabbing features of the iPad has been its impressive 12+ hour battery life. How convenient it is that the two most battery-draining activities, 3G and multitasking, are just slightly delayed long enough to make the iPad known with such unheard of batter life.

2. diabolic macrumors 68000

I'm pretty sure that wifi drains more battery than 3G. I know it does on my iPhone.

I think you'll find that even with 3G and multitasking, the iPad will still outlast the competitors by quite a bit, at least through another product cycle.

3. cualexander macrumors 6502a

Umm no. 3G is constantly connecting and disconnecting from the towers. If I turned on airplane mode on my iPhone and then used wifi all day the battery would last forever. The 3G will definitely have lower battery. Apple already said it's rated for 9 hours vs the wifi model's 10 hours. To me, that confirms what I'm saying.

4. Dmich116 macrumors member

huh?

5. diabolic macrumors 68000

I know if I have wifi off I get far better battery life on my 3GS no matter what I'm doing at home. Maybe something is wrong with my phone or wifi networks here. It is a huge difference on my phone.

Regardless, I don't expect to see a huge drop in battery life with the 3G version.