Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakk2809

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2007
I'm so excited about Leopard! I was wondering:

1) Can any of you launch party veterans tell me about what time I should start standing in line at the Apple Store? (Chicago if you wanna know)

2) Do they have XXL shirts for the launch party?

3) About how long is the wait?

4) Will my picture be on the Apple website (like the iPhone launch)?

I'm a college student and I found out that you cannot get the educational discount at the store. I also called the Apple Store and they said that if I pre-order online I should get it for $116 and it should be in my mail box ON the 26th. I might pre-order but depending on the answers to the questions above, I might just go down to the Apple store and pay the full $129.

Thanks.

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
I'm so excited about Leopard! I was wondering:

1) Can any of you launch party veterans tell me about what time I should start standing in line at the Apple Store? (Chicago if you wanna know)

3) About how long is the wait?

4) Will my picture be on the Apple website (like the iPhone launch)?

I'm a college student and I found out that you cannot get the educational discount at the store. I also called the Apple Store and they said that if I pre-order online I should get it for $116 and it should be in my mail box ON the 26th. I might pre-order but depending on the answers to the questions above, I might just go down to the Apple store and pay the full $129.

Thanks.

Just a quick note on pricing. Check with your school. If they sell Apple stuff at a discount, you might be able to get it for $80.00. My school sells it at that price.

jakk2809

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2007
Just a quick note on pricing. Check with your school. If they sell Apple stuff at a discount, you might be able to get it for $80.00. My school sells it at that price.

I did. The only software they sell is Office 2007. Our bookstore sucks. $116 or $129 are my only options.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Nope, IIRC, all Apple freebie shirts are XL.

I'm a college student and I found out that you cannot get the educational discount at the store... I might just go down to the Apple store and pay the full $129.
Correct, Apple's educational pricing on software is NOT honored in B&M (brick and mortar) stores, only online.

However, at the Tiger launch night, they had cards and some lucky folks got them-- save 10% off a purchase made that night. If, if Apple has similar offerings at Leopard's launch, you might get lucky (or a kind soul might offer you) one such card. Of course, assuming that Leopard launch is similar to Tiger's. :eek:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
If you can't find a university store that will sell it to you cheap, check out Amazon...they're selling it for $109.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.