Launch Phone Battery Not Holding Charge

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OasisNYK, Nov 2, 2008.

1. OasisNYK macrumors 6502

I have had my phone since launch week and the battery life has been progressively getting worse. I used to get about 2.5 days out of it and now I am down to 1-1.5 and I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

I have location services off, brightness turned down, vibrate only when a call comes in - no notification for e-mails, but I do have e-mail set to push. I also do not use the 3G network as it is not available where I am. WiFi is also on most of the time.

2. Maury macrumors 6502

Mine has been getting progressively better, so this might be hardware. BUUUT, I have noticed that sometimes an application will appear to quit, but will actually be running in the background, sucking up your battery life. This happens to me every three weeks or so.

So before doing anything else, turn OFF the phone - hold down the power until the "slide to turn off" comes up, and then slide to turn off. Turn it back on, charge it up, and see what happens.

Maury