Launcher for Logic Pro 8 in Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Draeconis, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Draeconis macrumors 6502a

I made a pretty simple launcher for Logic Pro for Lion, which you can put in the Dock (and has the same icon :))

Firstly, you need an installation of Logic Studio. It won't install under Lion, so use/create a SL partition for this.

Pull Logic Pro.app and the related folders from '/Library/Application Support' from your SL partition to Lion '/Applications' and '/Library/Application Support'.

Then create a shell script in Automator (New Application>Utilities>Run Shell Script) and replace 'cat' with;

Code:
    /Applications/Logic\ Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/Logic\ Pro ; exit;

Save this as something on the Desktop. Then find your Logic Pro.app, Show Package Contents>Contents>Resources and copy LogicPro.icns to the desktop. Right click the app you made in automator, Show Package Contents>Contents>Resources, copy the name of the *.icns file in that directory, delete it, copy the LogicPro.icns file into that folder, and rename it to the old file name. Should change the app you just made to have the Logic Pro icon, then move your app somewhere you won't delete it (/Applications or something), and drag it into the dock to make a shortcut :)

2. pj23 macrumors newbie

3. clevster macrumors newbie

I need a little more help, please

Sorry for my ignorance. But I'm trying to get Logic Pro 8 to run in Lion and I can't seem to get this script to work. Can someone give me a little more clarification as to what that line of script would look like for me, please? Here's where my Logic is located...

Applications/Logic Pro 8

The app is titled "Logic Pro 8.app"

There's also something called "Logic Node 8" which I'm uncertain of what that is.

Thank you for your help!
    Scott

MBP; 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5; 4GB; OS 10.7.1

4. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

Yes, please do elaborate a bit more on how to create this Shell Script in Automator, I have no experience with Automator whatsoever.