Launcher free w/ 4.4

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mattopotamus, Nov 3, 2013.

?

Launcher?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I have always used nova prime and mainly to delete unwanted home screens. 4.4 fixes this, so I actually am going to try no launcher at all. How many are in the same boat... Why/why not?

2. atticus27 macrumors regular

atticus27

I like using nova to run different icon packs. I'll probably use my nexus 5 without one for a while, until I get bored of the UI
    Nova is good to add swipe features for google now (the s3 you have to long press the home button and hit the google icon w/out it), but 4.4 integrated the swipe left for it.

3. mattopotamus thread starter macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I also use nova to shrink the icon size to about 75%. That may be the only thing I miss trying to go without it. I don't think the "OK google" or swipe right to Google now work with a launcher.

4. kevinof macrumors 6502a

Long time Apex user here but now using no launcher on 4.3 (with the kitkat launcher installed). So far I like it but time will tell.

5. atticus27 macrumors regular

atticus27

OK google still works w/ nova ( I have it on my s3 now). It's great for driving to be able to switch music by talking.
    Here's a download link if you wanna try it out
    http://phandroid.com/2013/10/31/download-and-install-the-new-google-experience-launcher/

6. mattopotamus thread starter macrumors G4

mattopotamus

7. kevinof macrumors 6502a

Has to be set to U.S. english for the the keyword to work. Option doesn't appear when other locales are selected.