Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adityaraj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2007
hey
i m completely getting perplexed now so as to when to pick a new laptop. can anyone please let me know the probable launching date of the new apple notebooks whether this year or month at any time.is the new macbook 15" gonna be launched in may or which wud be launching when so that i come on to a firm decision of waiting till the new is there or go for black macbook.

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
hey
i m completely getting perplexed now so as to when to pick a new laptop. can anyone please let me know the probable launching date of the new apple notebooks whether this year or month at any time.is the new macbook 15" gonna be launched in may or which wud be launching when so that i come on to a firm decision of waiting till the new is there or go for black macbook.
No one will say for definate when a new product is coming out. This is a rumors site. WWDC is soon, so you might want to wait till then. Or you might want to wait till 10.5 in october. Or even wait till 10.6 in 2095! Buy when you need.

dannewell15

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2007
My view is that it is too difficult to say, I could have waited until the possible product updates but I didn't want to so went ahead and bought my macbook. I am LOVING IT. So my opinion is why wait for updates that may not be what you want or expected?

prism

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2006
My strategy is buy as soon as a new product is launched. Its not perfect given that you might not be looking to purchase when a new product is launched and you run the risk of getting a version 1.0 with serious design flaws!

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
how much truth lies in the http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0705macbookpro.html report of the particular url and if it is true when wud the first shipping start.

No ones knows for sure...thinksecret has not been as accurate lately as they once were. Shipping date would depend on availability of components as well. In short, no one really knows. There have been numerous similar rumors...but it's hard to tell if these are from independent sources or if everyone's picking up their info from the same source (which could be a good source or a bad one). This could just be like the Nigerian yellow cake story for all we know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.