Launching certain songs from Spotlight in Yosemite

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Jantelagen, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Jantelagen macrumors regular

Jantelagen

I've discovered that if I want to begin playing certain songs in iTunes 12 and launch them through a quick Spotlight search, iTunes begins to play the whole album, from track one. This happens if the album name is the same as the specific track I want to play, but since this is rather common, I don't think this is intended by Apple.

For example, if I want to hear the song Forever Young, I search for it in Spotlight. Keep in mind, I have "Music" over "Folders" in my Spotlight preferences, so the file "Forever Young" is my first search result, as shown in the picture below. Pressing enter here launches iTunes 12, but it begins playing the first song, "A Victory Of Love". Is this maybe a bug in iTunes 12, rather than with Yosemite as a whole? Running beta 2.

Screen Shot 2014-09-02 at 14.17.12.png

2. Joshoon macrumors regular

Joshoon

That's strange indeed.
    When I search for a specific song, it already sends me to the album, but it does play the specific track for me.

I am running Beta 2 as well.

Attached Files:

3. AppleFan22 macrumors regular

It's probably worth reporting it with Feedback Assistant, even though it's only minor, it'd probably annoy people.

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

same here but if you try to scroll through the tracks it just closes spotlight instead of actually scrolling through the tracklist. is it happening to you too? must be a bug

5. Jantelagen thread starter macrumors regular

Jantelagen

Done! Hopefully it'll be fixed during the beta releases. I use Spotlight for music launching several times a day. Glad to hear it doesn't affect everyone though.

6. Danny_DJ macrumors newbie