Launching Siri Shortcut from the watch face?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chfilm, Mar 7, 2019.

1. chfilm macrumors 68000

chfilm

Hey,

Is there any way to launch a custom
    Siri shortcut through a tap on a complication on a watch face?

Could somebody theoretically write an app that does just that? It would be super convenient, for example to send a predefined text message to a certain person, or to launch a certain task within another app like to create a new todo in things or so.

2. StumpyBloke macrumors 65816

StumpyBloke

I’ve never thought about that. But, that’s a really good idea and would definitely use it if it was available.

3. chfilm thread starter macrumors 68000

chfilm

Yea me neither, today was the first time. An office colleague asked me to send him a “warning” text message whenever a certain other colleague showed up nearby :D and that would be the perfect way to issue such a silent alarm;) I sent a feature request to apple.

4. scribble79 macrumors member

scribble79

I have shortcuts set for just such a thing. I downloaded the shortcuts app from apple and made one that says warning. It notifies my advisers about a problem customer in the vicinity.

5. chfilm thread starter macrumors 68000

chfilm

Haha - yea great - but I guess the fastest way to launch this shortcut is through the shortcut widget on iPhone left of the homescreen, right? I just wanna be able to launch it straight from the watchface...

6. scribble79 macrumors member

scribble79

You should be able to from Siri on your watch. I am waiting for my watch so can
    t say for sure but I know I can from Siri on my phone. I just say "Hey siri on my way home" it then sends a text to my wife that im on my way home. Works great with airpods and others like it.

7. chfilm thread starter macrumors 68000

chfilm

Yes, only I don’t want to talk but just tap the shortcut! I can’t say “hey Siri, angry coworker approaching” when this person is in the room ;)

8. scribble79 macrumors member

scribble79

understand. I wish I had my watch here to try and help with a work around

9. ZEEN0j macrumors 65816

ZEEN0j

Hoping this comes back someday. There was an app for the watch before workflow turned into shortcuts.