Launching without Siri support for Apple Music is mind boggling

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Aluminum213, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

I know they said in the new year it's coming, but that doesn't mean January 1st 2016, it could be months into the 2016

but it's just crazy how big an omission it is, it's working fine on iOS but not Apple TV? someone explain the logic to me

besides that, I'm happy with it

2. mic j macrumors 68030

Mind boggling may be a little bit of an over statement, but it certainly would have demonstrated a high degree of quality to have it at launch. I also think the Remote app falls into this category. Just need to give people less to complain about and those are 2 items.

3. chabig macrumors 68040

I'll try...Apple is a large company but still has to manage their allocation of resources, just like individuals and small companies do. If getting Siri to work with Apple Music on the AppleTV was a high priority, you can be sure they would have already done it. Since they haven't, it indicates that it probably wasn't a high priority. Now why would that be? Maybe they think that most people will use Apple music with their iPhone, iPods, iPads, or Macs. The population of AppleTV 4s in the world is very small, and most early adopters already have one or more of the four devices I mentioned. You can use Airplay to stream from your iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Mac to the AppleTV. So Apple probably just looked at Siri integration as unnecessary for the original release. It's coming though.