Launchpad and App, folders arranging etc.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by sallylynn812, Oct 28, 2011.

1. sallylynn812 macrumors member

I know you can arrange the icons on launchpad, except I have 3 screens in launchpad and I don't know how to move things from one screen to the second/third screen. I can only arrange within the screen itself. Am I missing something?
    And I know you can arrange launchpad with folders. Does putting things in folders in launchpad also arrange them this way in your app folder? I know that somethings you can't move in the application folder because it prevents them from working. How do I know if my app won't work if I move it? I could just move it back if it doesn't work and it will be a-ok, right?

I think that's all my questions... for now.
    thanks for the help.

----------

Oh, never mind about moving the apps from one screen to the next. I finally figured that out and got it to work!

2. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Given the amount of time and effort people put into the "care and feeding" of LunchPad... you all could have found your app in spotlight 1000x faster. :)

3. sallylynn812 thread starter macrumors member

I like launchpad. I'm not much for using the keyboard.
    One difference I had to get used to in changing from a PC to a Mac was using more keyboard shortcuts in Photoshop.

4. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Application folder on the dock?

Dude, I'm just busting your chops. :D If you find LaunchPad useful then that's value you've found in a product which is great. Personally though, I just see it as a novelty that adds no "new" functionality to OSX and find it insulting that Apple touts it as such. It's also discouraging to see this iOS "eye candy" path is where Apple is headed.