Launchpad App Removal App?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by The JTizzle, Jul 22, 2011.

1. The JTizzle macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

I know you can remove apps from the LP with a handful of coding steps, but was wondering if any one has made an easy to use app yet to fill this missing feature? Anyone seen one yet?

2. guzhogi macrumors 68030

guzhogi

Looks like you can just click & hold on an icon in Launchpad & delete an app the same way like you do in iOS.

3. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Yes, but only with applications from the App Store, and even that deletes the app. The OP is asking for a mod that will allow the removal of any app from the Launchpad only. Either that, or he's asking for a way to delete apps from the system, through Launchpad (though this doesn't seem likely).

4. The JTizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

The JTizzle

Yah your right, just want to get ride of all these damn adobe uninstallers and support apps in launchpad.

5. autotunz macrumors newbie

I figured out a way to remove duplicate app icons from LaunchPad, but so far haven't discovered how to remove any/all apps I don't want.

6. gentlefury macrumors 68030

if you didn't have adobe garbage polluting your mac you wouldn't have that problem.

7. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I saw someone here with the great and simple idea of stuffing them in a junk folder on the last page of launchpad and am doing that - really reduced the clutter!

8. basher macrumors 6502

basher

Also remember that when you delete icons from Launchpad you are actually removing them from your system.