Launchpad - best ways to organize?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by cassini007, Mar 9, 2015.

1. cassini007 macrumors member

It would be great to get some suggestions from the community on how you all choose to organize the OS X Launchpad. I used to keep it organized religiously (frequent apps on the first few screens, then everything else by category in folders), but am finding that it is hard to keep it nice and tidy over time.

Thanks! :)

2. PeterHolbrook macrumors 6502a

My personal experience is that it is next to impossible to get it to behave the way I want, so I decided long ago not to use it AT ALL. Not using it provides the best possible experience.

3. anp27 macrumors regular

I place my most used apps somewhere near the center of the screen to that I just have to move my cursor slightly and then click. I don't use folders. I feel like it defeats the purpose if you have to click open a folder to access an app. I"m convinced now that Launchpad is the fastest way to open apps: 5 finger pinch in and then click.

I use Launchpad 90% of the time to launch apps.

4. bubbleboil macrumors member

That's coz u probably doesn't use app in full screen. Coz I don use the launcher also despite arranging them nicely

5. doynton macrumors 6502

:confused:

6. PeterHolbrook macrumors 6502a

Whatever. I saw no way of arranging anything "nicely" that would stick. As I said, the best possible experience is NOT to use it.