Launchpad filled with parallel desktop icons?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by jasonkang93, Jul 22, 2011.

1. jasonkang93 macrumors newbie

My launchpad is filled with them and I've tried holding down cmd + option, ctrl keys and clicking them but it only opens them. I used to have parallel desktop but i remember clearly uninstalling it with the uninstaller it came with, however, I'm stuck with 4 pages of useless icons on my launchpad now. Pls help!

2. lfc macrumors regular

I hope someone has a solution. Just one app I want to remove so I can re-add it so the icon can update to the newer one I gave it... Weird that the cache doesn't update for LaunchPad on restart

In the mean time, you can just use a folder as a sort of work-a-round until you can remove the apps.

3. jasonkang93 thread starter macrumors newbie

wut do u mean by use a folder?

4. JasonHB macrumors regular

I had the same problem. There was dozens of Parallels icons in there and I spent a while putting them all in folders.

However, the first time that I launched Parallels desktop, they all disappeared.

Jason

5. jedolley macrumors 68000

According to the Parallels rep on their forum, this was resolved with the latest update.

6. lfc macrumors regular

Drag the icons onto each other so they're all grouped into one folder

7. jasonkang93 thread starter macrumors newbie

if i still had parallel... i don't have it anymore...

8. aldejesus macrumors regular

This happens if during the installation process you don't choose to keep windows stuff on windows VM, and also happen if I used coherence mode.

9. rodrigodug macrumors newbie

A simple solution

Hello, I'm Brazilian so I'm sorry if my English is poor. I'm using Google translator now! rsrsrsrsrs

I had the same problem as you, and I fixed it in a very simple. Just go to the folder username / applications and delete the folder with the name of your virtual machine (My Boot Camp Applications for example).
    In a few seconds all of the virtual machine applications that were bothering us in Louch Pad will disappear!

See ya!