Launchpad Icons Rearranging

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Shadow%20Mac, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Shadow%20Mac macrumors 6502

I just bought a brand new MacBook Pro (pre-installed with Lion). Every time I restart my computer, or log out, All the icons on the second page of Launchpad rearrange themselves! This is super annoying, because I spent around 5 minutes rearranging my icons in alphabetical order.
    Anyone else confirm this issue / know a solution?

2. Lokheed macrumors regular

Yes it a bug. Can't pinpoint the exact cause, but it looks like it shows up when adding new items to Launchpad. My first screen now re-arranges. It used to be both (I have two).

I have filed a bug report with Apple and suggest you do the same.

3. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Here, try this. And I didn't do that to be an ass**** by the way, I just didn't want to copy all those links. It loos like the Apple forums show many results that might be able to help you.

4. Lokheed macrumors regular

There is no help. You know how I know? Because I've already looked into it. It's a bug. It's gotta be fixed upstream by Apple. And it hasn't been. Plain and simple.

So thanks for the google lesson... because none of us thought of that. Jeez man, talk about 0 contribution to the thread. :(

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah I've been noticing it too and it's very annoying as you said. Hopefully it'll br fixed in 10.7.2 which I hope will be out soon

6. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

What the hell? This is why I go in "time-out" all the time is because sometimes people here act so ignorant. I specifically said I wasn't doing that to be a jerk, and that I didn't want to copy the links. Wow, just... wow.

7. Lokheed macrumors regular

So you posted a direct link to the condescending ****** because you were to lazy to post links that might actually be of help? What exactly do you want for that?

Oh, and FYI champ, the first it on that is this thread! I stand by my original statement: 0 contribution.

8. Mork macrumors 6502

In my case, it's the desktop icons themselves, not the launchpad icons.

- M

9. iBreatheApple, Sep 24, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I stand by my original thought, IDGAF.

10. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Same issue here. I can rearrange the launchpad icons and they'll stay like that until i turn my macbook pro off, then when i turn it back on again, they've rearranged themselves.

Anyone know if this is addressed in 10.7.2?

11. greatoe macrumors newbie

still the same issue in 10.7.2

12. Mork macrumors 6502

I don't know if this is what helped, but I tried re-sizing the icons and they haven't moved by themselves in a while.

- m