LaunchPad in Disarray

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Simon Templar, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Simon Templar macrumors member

Simon Templar

I am trying to like Mission Control and Launchpad. Really I am. But....it's just not easy. In fact, I could probably even get to like Launchpad....if Lion would just stop moving things around every time I am not looking.

I spend time organising icons in Launchpad to fit the way I work, but the next time I sit down to do something, Lion has moved them around to other places. It seems to leave the sub-levels (sub-folders? whatever you wish to call them) alone but, at the root level, everything is moved to a random scatter.

Anyone know how to stop this from happening?

....sT

2. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

3. Gemütlichkeit macrumors 65816

Gemütlichkeit

Happens to me too, some of the icons magically move around on me.

4. Yuusharo macrumors member

Pretty sure this is a bug in Lion. Should get fixed in a patch.

Honestly, my real beef with Launchpad (and iOS) is the lack of automatic sorting. Instead of folders, let me have groups. Organize apps into groups (Apple apps, Browsers, Games, etc), then have Launchpad automatically sort them alphabetically and kept grouped together by type. If you've ever used an android phone with a modern launcher (Droid X has this by default), you'll appreciate how absolutely beautiful this system is and how ugly iOS and Launchpad are by comparison.

Seriously, we have these modern powerful desktops at our hands, yet we're still sorting icons around manually like a lemming? I thought the whole part of Lion is to take a lot of the control away from the user and allow the computer to do most of the work. Stupid.

5. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

happens here regularly, but only on bottom 2 (out of three) rows of icons...!
    def a bug, hope it's fixed soon...