Lawrence KS now has 3G!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imac9556, Dec 15, 2008.

1. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Tonight after studying for finals in the library, I turned my phone back on. At first I thought I was imagining things, when I saw the 3G icon on my iPhone, but I was not!

3G is active in Lawrence KS!

See picture...Speeds using Netshare on the iPhone connected to Macbook Pro...very decent connection

Attached Files:

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

If my memory serves me right, you're referring to the state of KS - Kansas?

That's cool that they're expanding the 3G services now, at least we know where our $30 is going somehow :p

3. imac9556 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, haha, Lawrence, Kansas.
    Before when I started this semester, all we had was EDGE or GPRS. Most of the time I was connected with EDGE and it was slow and unreliable. It also had that annoying buzzing noise that occurred when I was near TVs or speakers. I guess they were setting it up on Monday because sometimes the noise went away when my iPhone was checking eMail automatically or getting data from MobileMe, but I thought nothing of it. I just thought it was the iPhone not "fetching" the data properly haha. However, I guess it was AT&T activating the 3G service here!

4. cschuman2029 macrumors newbie

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SING A HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY SONG,
    SING A HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY SONG,
    OHHH IM SOOOOO HAPPPPPY TODAY!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE ATT&T!!!!!
    Made the switch from T-mobile a couple months ago while I was in Overland Park, only to find out that where I actually reside and spend all my time (Lawrence, KS) did not have the 3g network which was the real reason I decided to get the iPhone and ATT&T, but now everything is good, fo sho!

P.S. I like how I had heard there was the plan for Lawrence to go 3G, and then low and behold ATT&T comes through as promised. I was commenting just yesterday in fact how it was too bad they didnt get it up by the end of this year, after hearing it was going to be up this fall, but it was like they heard my complaint and were just like, wait for it, wait for it, waaaaaaiiittttt for it, NOW THEY REEEEAAALLLLLLYYYY WANT IT, ACTIVATE IT NOW!!!! and then...........GOD SAID LET THERE BE 3G!!!!!

5. thelarster macrumors newbie

Does ATT list where they are going to be doing 3G upgrades? I'm in Saginaw, MI and on Edge - just 15 minutes south is 3G - so close yet so far!!

6. chwhale macrumors member

If we could only talk them into expanding it about 75 miles south west, I'd have it made. As it stands, I barely get the Edge network. :p

7. gein6 macrumors newbie

Bah

For some reason my 3g on iphone 3g is going from full bars of 3g down to full bars on edge. It keeps switching back and forth. Anyone else having a similar problem?

8. imac9556 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi,
    Do you have this problem in Lawrence? Maybe they are still tweaking the changes involved with the 3g upgrade?

9. gein6 macrumors newbie

Ya im in lawrence, From 6-7am i was on 3g the entire time, worked flawlessly now its been going from 3g to edge without notice. I guess they must be working on the 3g here

Also i can switch to airplane mode and reset the phone and it'll go to 3g. When i try to load a webpage such as google i load it then it swiches over to edge. I tried youtube as well i loaded about half a video and it went to edge.

After talking to AT&T and apple they said lawrence shouldn't even be getting 3g

10. notengolegs macrumors member

notengolegs

What does Apple have to do with AT&T's 3G coverage? Answer: nothing.

Good times now for my commute from Lawrence to Kansas City for work, I can listen to Pandora uninterrupted all the way to work.