Lay Flat iPhone 5 Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TommyGuns, Oct 18, 2012.

1. TommyGuns macrumors newbie

Can anyone please recommend a good lay flat low profile case for the iPhone 5? I have the case-mate barely there which is quite a good case and is lay flat, but it's deeper than I'd hoped. I want the lay-flat design to work alongside my Glas.t screen protector.

I've been unable to find anything lower profile than the barely there case that has a lay flat design. Ideally it would also cover the top and bottom of the phone also, unlike the case-mate which leaves them exposed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

3. ausios macrumors newbie

Check out the Diztronic Matte Back Black TPU Case or the clear version (to most, only looks good with the white phone).

4. TommyGuns thread starter macrumors newbie

@darngooddesign
    Lay-flat as in the case has a raised lip around the edge, perhaps 1mm, so that the phone can be laid face down on a table without the screen touching. They're quite a good combination with the Glas.T screen protector from Spigen given that the screen protector raises the screen up by almost half a mm.

@ausios
    Thanks I'll take a look...

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

6. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

You might be interested in one of ours. I can't give you a bezel height on our 5 case yet, but our 4 case's bezel is approximately 1.35mm above the screen. The 5's will be less, and coming soon :)

7. Euro320 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem, plus the otters I have tried always feel way too bulky and seem to ruin the overall look of the phone.

I switched to one of these chrome carbon fibre cases:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Chrom...lePhonesCasesPouches&var=&hash=item4abd69a83d

Been working fine up to now, even after a couple of drops and bumps!
    The free screen protector and super quick postage lead me to recommend to my wife and friends.

Also nice being able to give my black/slate 5 a new look whenever the mood takes me. Gotta say, that red case looks smokin' on my new toy! :cool:

8. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

The Razorfish TPU case from Best Buy fits the bill. Surprisingly nice case.