Laziness...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by as0065, Jun 5, 2011.

1. as0065 macrumors newbie

I've got an wifi only iPad which I tether to my iphone (4) when out and about. My carrier doesn't charge extra for tethering so it just comes out of my data bundle.

I quite like shortcuts and I wondered if anyone had come across a shortcut for enabling wifi on the iPhone and also enabling the personal hotspot function. I know it's simple to do but I like doing things in as few steps as possible! It would be great if there was an app/another way to turn both these features on and off with one tap, rather than going through the menus to turn both on and off again afterwards. I suspect there isn't a way and that I just need to put up with it (or leave wifi/hotspot on all the time but I'm keen to preserve my battery life!).

On my home PC I tend to just set up a macro or do a bit of basic coding in Visual Basic to achieve what I want but otherwise I have no idea about coding so couldn't do this myself.

Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. as0065 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks for replying. Looks like just what I need. Why isn't this available through the non-jailbreak route?!

Thanks again

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Apple doesn't allow it on stock firmware.
    Maybe with iOS 5.0 we will see some improvements.