LCD and Backlight Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ryan.Lilly, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Ryan.Lilly macrumors newbie

Ok, I know that I should not drink near my computer, But...

I knocked over a beer (My first beer, suprisingly) And when it hit the table a small amount splashed onto the screen of my macbook(only three weeks old!) I turnrd to grab a towel and when I looked back the botton right corner has a growing blob of brightness, the screen looked normal, but the "blob" was just much brighter than the rest o the screen. I turned it off dryed it as best as I could, and let it sit a couple of days. The blob has gotten smaller, like liquid receeding but there is still bright smaller blobs.

Question, Is this from liquid between the Lcd and backlight, Inside the Lcd between the glass layers(this seems less likely to me, but whad do I know, Im stupid enough to drink at my computer.

I have completly dissasembled my macbook to the point that i am about to pull the Lcd and ccft backlight apart, but I would like some advice before i continue, if anyone has anything to offer.

The screen looks more 3D, like I can see space between the lcd and backlight. So I think That taking them apart and cleaning(with what?) would fix the problem.

Thanks,

Ryan

2. flossyourmind macrumors newbie

to answers eh?

too bad, I have the same issue on two different machines.

3. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Well, first of all I think you're referring to liquid between the glass cover and the LCD panel itself. I don't have a Macbook but an aluminum iMac and the glass panel is held on by magnets. Is it possible to remove the glass panel on the Macbooks?

At any rate, you can't see the backlight. It is behind the LCD panel itself and if you had gotten liquid on it I'm sure you would have shorted it out and probably destroyed it.

I've never heard of removing the glass panels on Mac notebooks and I'm not sure how liquid got behind it if it did but best of luck.

Thanks,

Ryan[/quote]

4. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

EE GADS!! I just realized (too late) that the poster before me is responding to a post over one year old!

I hate when that happens.

Nevermind.:confused: