Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColdFlame87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
Woodland Hills, CA
Hey, everyone i didn't know where else to ask about this so i posted it here, recently i got a 37 in Olevia LCD TV(337H) and it has been working great, but as of last night i noticed that when i turned the TV on it would make a very faint humming noise that would be inaudible if the volume on the TV would be turned on past 1. Its really bothersome since i connect my computer to the VGA port on the back and when I'm working on the large screen the hum drives me insane. I was wondering if this is normal or if i should take it back to the store and tell them about it, I wasn't aware of the humming before and i don't know if it recently started happening of if i just started noticing it since it is rather faint but noticeable if listened for.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
Hey, everyone i didn't know where else to ask about this so i posted it here, recently i got a 37 in Olevia LCD TV(337H) and it has been working great, but as of last night i noticed that when i turned the TV on it would make a very faint humming noise that would be inaudible if the volume on the TV would be turned on past 1. Its really bothersome since i connect my computer to the VGA port on the back and when I'm working on the large screen the hum drives me insane. I was wondering if this is normal or if i should take it back to the store and tell them about it, I wasn't aware of the humming before and i don't know if it recently started happening of if i just started noticing it since it is rather faint but noticeable if listened for.

I have the LT37HVS and it does not hum. I would get a new one if you can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.