LCD for Mac Pro help

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by gundam789, Jan 5, 2009.

1. gundam789 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    New to mac world and i`m about to buy a new mac pro=)
    Need to ask if i can use my Dell Display with the Mac Pro?

This is the monitor i have http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro...l.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=320-6272

I wanted to get Mac lcd but since i only had this for 3 months i don`t want to waste more money on a screeen.I am more then happy with the picture quality and functions on this Dell and hopefully will work on the Mac.

Also Would like to buy a Blue ray player for my Mac to watch blue ray movies are they compatible with the Mac Pro with Sata ports?
    Any recomendations on a good one?
    And what is the best card to with my Mac the 8800GT or the ATI 2600? I heard the 8800GT tends to overheat a lot and might fail eventually?

2. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

This isn't 1994. Yes.

Not going to happen.

Unless you use Windows.

In which case, they're all compatible, but not with the SATA ports on the motherboard. Windows can't see them, so you'd need an IDE-SATA converter.

4. hatehereyes macrumors 6502a

hatehereyes

You're dell monitor seems like it has every port on there so whatever computer you use it with should work even if you get an early 2008 mac pro with DVI or if the new ones coming out have display port, yours will work.

as for the bluray player, OS X doesn't support blu ray movies(although i think toast can burn BR Discs) so it would be pointless to get a bluray player just to watch movies.