LCD not working, backlight working, and external works.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NaomiHikaru, Apr 11, 2010.

1. NaomiHikaru macrumors newbie

Okay so a week or so ago my macbook pro santa rosa (15.4 inch) August 2007 model LCD decided to not work anymore.

I have tried a few thinsgs to try and get it to work including reseating the cables and that has not helped. As the title says, the back light works as i can see the screen getting blacker/greyer. Also the external output works as well. I'm not sure what to do at this point because I can't find information on an inverter board for the LCD, only the LED backlight think this could be an issue with the video card 8600M or is my LCD dead and I need a new one?

On a side note I have taken very good care of this computer, no drops, making sure the HDD is parked before moving, having it in a protective case, etc. The only difference is that I gave this to my sister to use and after a few days it died. (seems everything she gets that's electronic dies these days, meaning I probably shouldn't give her anything that has a circuit board in it....)

2. NaomiHikaru thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed

Well I got the issue fixed, for now... turns out that a software update got it working again... the things about how software works...