LCD/Plasma television reviews, pics and discussion

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Aniej, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

I wanted o start up a page that is a bit more generalized and hopefully one that limits all the repeat threads on tvs tat go for about 7 posts and then die. Feel free to make this a generalized HDTV, LCD, Plasma thread since a lot of the other ones out there are getting pretty dated or are specific to just one television.

One thing I am looking for is a good website or websites that have reviews pics and discussion of the latest technology. I already know about avsforum so no need to post that. I am mainly looking for a good website or a few that has pics and decent reviews, info, or rumors of new or soon to be released LCD televisions. I will be hooking either my MBP or Apple TV up to the tv when I get it.

On a similar note, has anyone heard anything about the upcoming samsung 81 seres, it looks amazing, but there are even less details on that than an Apple product.

2. Aniej thread starter macrumors 68000

Aniej

Here is a first very rough attempt at starting a list of resources, hopefully it will grow over time with your help.

News & Reviews
    Trusted Reviews (UK site, but excellent world coverage)

Gadgetell (all things gadget, but very nice TV/Display coverage)

Engadget (if you can stand the Apple hating, they do have a very timely website with prolific amount of information and rumors, often with very good pictures)

hdtvblog (an ok site, but a little slow to cover stories at times)

Forums
    AVS Forum (this forum has every single rumor and news about HDTV, however be forewarned it can also be one of the most frustrating and overwhelming forum experiences)

Shopping
    PriceGrabber (nice discounts)

Streetprices (again, nice prices)