LCD Problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ooo, Jan 25, 2009.

1. ooo macrumors 6502

2. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Can you draw a circle around the dot? I can't see it :confused:

3. ooo thread starter macrumors 6502

Done, I took the original image and made it darker so the dot shows up better and I circled it.

4. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

5. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

i have the same spot but its brighter rather than darker

6. carson44 macrumors member

I have the same dot in the exact place, i've been thinking of exchanging for a new one. but do not know if they will exchange... let me know if you try and take yours back

7. ooo thread starter macrumors 6502

Well it seems if everyone is having a problem in the exact place it seems more like an apple problem. The only reason I'm asking is because I'm still under warranty. I don't want it to get worse and then have my LCD completely break after my warranty expires.

8. carson44 macrumors member

so true, i think im going try to exchange mine next weekend after you made that point

9. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

A note to the thread starter, you can take screenshots by holding the home button and press the wake/sleep button

*Edit, oops, I just realized its the LCD screen not the display lol. I would say switch it in and make Apple notice its poor quality of iPhone manufacturing.

10. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

11. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

you could end up with an iPhone that is much worse ( dust under the screen, dead pixels, light leakage)

try to live with it for a bit, you have 1 year warranty btw

12. ooo thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I have about six months left on my warranty. I purchased this phone the day it came out. I decided I will bring it in and tell them about it, I mean I'm sure they'll understand that I don't want my LCD to die on me after six months when its out of warranty. I'll let you guys know what the genius bar people say after I bring it in. It'll probably be sometime next week.

13. Cakester macrumors regular

14. ooo thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry for not updating in a while, the truth is, I've been too lazy & busy to set up an appointment. I finally had a chance to go today. The reason I finally decided to go was the problem got worse.

Rainbow streaks started to appear on my LCD, it wasn't noticeable when the LCD was on.

In addition, the original spot became worse. Well, dead pixels started to appear within the circle.

Anyways, I showed them my problems and they checked to see if there were any water damage and then they gave me a brand new phone on the spot.

Well problem solved, syncing my new phone as we speak right now.