LCD problems on 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by applemessiah, Jul 11, 2011.

1. applemessiah macrumors member

I have a 3g motherboard that i was saving for when i got a good back housing. It was working good except for wifi being out. So i got a back housing assembly put together and i installed motherboard. Itunes will recognize phone so i know its working but LCD wont work :( ....i have put two working LCD on it and it still doesnt work. I have checked the connections between LCD and motherboard when installing and no go. It was working fine before; minus wifi. What could be the problem?

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Maybe the connector on the logic board was damaged during installation.

3. applemessiah thread starter macrumors member

dang that sucks...i have an iphone 3gs that will display images when on but backlight dont wanna work. its a phone problem too. is there a way to fix the connectors on these phones?

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I don't know about that. I do repairs and when I see a backlight malfunction, it's usually the LCD.

There are ways to fix the connectors but it requires soldering and a bunch of stuff I wouldn't recommend to the average person. I repair computers and iPhones and I don't mess around with soldering, I'd rather just buy the whole part new again. Unfortunately, in your case, you can't purchase the logic board anywhere except eBay and the ones on eBay are used and overpriced, IMO.