LCD Repair on MacBook Needed, Advice?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by matt1219, Jan 17, 2009.

1. matt1219 macrumors regular

My cousin's MacBook's LCD screen is punctured. Apple's price is redonkulous at a whopping 700 bucks! He's looking at a website called Mission Repair, it looks pretty legit, only a little over $210 including shipping. We just needed some backup support on it. And will this void his Apple Care?

2. rhyx macrumors 6502

His AppleCare is already voided if he punctured the screen. After getting it replaced by an outside company it would still be voided.

3. aG1 macrumors member

I actually got my screen replaced by Mission Repair with no problems at all.

4. kappaguy macrumors newbie

Mission Repair is Pretty Darn Good

Matt ... I sent an iPhone 3G and a MacBook 13" to Mission Repair about a week ago. I got both of them back 3 DAYS after shipping to them using their overnight shipping kit. Both were returned in amazing shape. Couldn't tell either had been worked on and they looked brand new. I had my skepticism, but each time I called to inquire, I was able to talk to a technician who was very helpful. I think they're pretty legit and will definitely return to them if my wife and I are clumsy in the future.

As to the Apple Care ... not too sure, but their site says they have Apple Certified Technicians. I'm completely satisfied and just thought I'd share my experience with the rest of you, since Apple seems to think these devices are disposable!

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

So weird. Is there a non-n00b who has experience with this company? It's not that I don't believe the opinion of new members with regards to technical questions. However, when it comes to experience from a retailer of some sort, it's different.

www.resellerratings.com doesn't list them. :confused:

6. fa8362 macrumors 65816

It is odd that the only people who've responded positively just signed up in the last month...isn't it? To me, that's a red flag.

7. kappaguy macrumors newbie

Go Find Your Own Place!

Ok, I follow the posts for about a month to get some advice, as you are doing as well, find that some people have had luck at various sites, and post my experience with one of them to share with you. Then you criticize us ... go find your own place. When you don't have the same experience I have had, blame yourself. Some of us have better things to do than join forums for years and submit posts about senseless crap